Trackers Apprenticeships provide an opportunity for youth to work with highly experienced mentors throughout the year to develop self-reliance, confidence, and character. In this program students study incredible outdoor skills including wilderness survival, animal tracking, intensive awareness, wild plants, and archery. In our apprenticeship program, every family member benefits from a rich village of learning.
The Rangers Guild
The Rangers Guild is comprised of masters of tracking, wilderness survival, invisibility and strategy. These are all arts that foster competency and confidence in both education and adulthood.
The Rangers Apprenticeship is for youth entering grades 1 - 12. Core Trackers instructors become mentors, guiding their apprentices through completing the basics of Rangers Level 1 and beyond. (see below for details )
What is the Rangers Apprenticeship?
When you join the Rangers Apprenticeship you become part of the Trackers Rangers Guild. You work with experienced mentors as you develop authentic outdoor skills applicable to all aspects of your life and learning. You work both independently and as part of a team to realize your goals. You connect with like-minded peers with whom you share fantastic experiences. This is not just a club, this is a path of study in a deep set of ancient arts and ways...
- Rangers Apprentices delve into the incredible world of wildlife by training to become master trackers of the most subtle sign.
- Wilderness Survival
- Apprentices train in proper archery form, focus and accuracy and craft their own wood bow. They make friction fire, emergency shelter, training in wilderness survival through immersive activities.
- Curriculum of the Shadows
- The Rangers Guild practices a martial art that teaches hyper-adaptive awareness through lessons in ecology, invisibility, stealth, leadership and systems awareness.
How it Works
One weekend a month, apprentices train in the field at our epic outdoor locations. For students entering grades 5 and up, four of those weekends are overnight expeditions. Our younger apprentices, grade 1-4, meet for all single Saturdays.
- Overnight Weekends:
- Check-in at 4:30 PM on Friday and check-out at 3:00 PM on Sunday.
- Single Field Days:
- Check-in between 8:45 and 9 AM on Saturday, and check-out at 4:30 PM that same day.
TuitionTuition is divided into monthly payments after a $75 deposit, or may be paid in full by August 15 for a 5% discount.
Grade 1 - 4 (Single Days Only): Full program tuition is $1,400. Includes: 8 field day Saturdays, Community Celebration: Picnic Potluck, optional family holiday party, Trackers hoodie, access to our weekly family Skills Night, and Mora knife.
Grade 5 - 12 (Includes 4 Weekend Overnight Trips): Full program tuition is $1,950. Includes: 4 Friday - Sunday overnight weekends, 4 field day Saturdays, Community Celebration: Picnic Potluck, optional family holiday party, Trackers hoodie, access to our weekly family Skills Night, and Mora knife.