The Wilders Guild is a team of fiber artists, farmers, and craftspeople. The Wilders Apprenticeship teaches skills that bridge the gap between surviving and thriving. Wilders help to restore the land that they use through ethical harvesting and sustainable cultivation.
During the Wilders Apprenticeship, we will learn a variety of skills that may include and are not limited to:
- Fiber Arts
- Transform raw wool into wearable items by learning to card, spin, knit and weave.
- Folk Craft
- Apprentices learn crafts of woodworking, natural building, animal husbandry, outdoor cooking, and even artisan cheese making. They train both to sustain the Village and help build it.
- Plant Identification and Restoration
- Learn to identify a wide variety of plants to eat, collect for your herbal apothecary and dye fabrics! Plus, our expert mentors teach the principles of ecological restoration, where we restore the land around us to its fullest realization of health and bounty.
- Outdoor Cooking
- Make an array of delicious foods that help feed the village, cooking over an open fire.
How it Works
One weekend a month, apprentices train in the field at our epic outdoor locations. Four of those weekends are Friday - Sunday overnight expeditions.
- Overnight Weekends:
- Check-in between 4:30 and 5 PM on Friday and check-out at 3:00 PM on Sunday.
- Single Field Days:
- Check-in between 8:45 and 9 AM on Saturday, and check-out at 4:30 PM that same day.
TuitionTuition is divided into monthly payments after a $75 deposit, or may be paid in full by August 15 for a 5% discount.
Grade 5 - 8 (Includes 4 Weekend Overnight Trips): Full program tuition is $1,950. Includes: 4 Friday - Sunday overnight weekends, 4 field day Saturdays, Community Celebration: Picnic Potluck, optional family holiday party, Trackers hoodie, access to our weekly family Skills Night, and Mora knife.